Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bridge Tournament . :o

So, today was the bridge tournament.

I decided to go to school earlier than usual today, after waltzing through the back gate for the nth time, smiling/waving/showing the V sign/flipping the bird at the camera, which could have been a brick for all it's worth, since I could easily sneak in and out of the security which has more holes than a swiss cheese.

And then, it seems like I was too early. >__>

Oh well. Wait wait. Stupid rain.

Finally, it began.

And I was disappointed as hell.

Last year, we had 9 tables screwing around with our rigged decks.

This year, there was only 3 tables. >__>

Oh well. The timing was horrible, learning journey happened today too, which meant all the year ones did not appear.

But still....

Oh well. It was fun. I can't believe board 11 was played. And also, I can't believe someone actually made what the board was supposed to make them play. Board 3 was supposed to make 4H, and someone did it. :o Under pressure, someone made 5C too.

Interesting. Last year, not one team made the bids. LoL.

However, this is about it for bridge. The best player decided that the team was crap, and isn't going to join the inter-college compeition.

And you know what?

I don't blame him.

At least, I was hoping the 2 students I taught would appear today. 1 decided to disappear, the other appeared, but ended up doing nothing due to her partner not going.

And oh, did I mention that the former did not utter a word of apology?

Seesh. The current school team players just picked the game up a few weeks ago, and while they did win the tournament, it was thanks to loads of luck in the tournament of the champions.

If they were against me and Clement, who are crap when compared to people like CJC and HCJC, they would be burried 20 - 0 VPs.

Ah well. Was fun. I got something to do, at least.

But that's about all I'll do. I don't see any point of going down any more. Bus fares are killing me (64 cents for a trip to TPJC, and another 64 cents back home. :o)

I won't say I'm not disappointed though. I had actually some hopes of the team finishing in the top 5 this year.

Oh well.

---

Song of (Whatever) changed to Shoujo Meiro de Tsukamaete, by Misato Aki, the opening theme of Strawberry Panic!. Fantastic song. Hell, I'm surprised that this shoujo anime has such an upbeat song.

Great choice, I'll say. :D Too bad the ending was weird as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home